Bible Study for Sunday, August 9, 2020
God’s Draft – The Wrong Everything
1. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us God will direct our paths. How does he do it?
2. Have you ever misjudged someone because of how they looked? When? Why? Has it happened to you?
3. Why do we fail to use all the talents God gave us?
4. Why do we struggle with feeling unworthy and yet being declared worthy by God?
5. Why is grace the only way to find spiritual balance between our unworthiness and God making us worthy?
6. What is surprising about Nicodemus wanting to meet with Jesus?
7. How would you characterize Jesus’ discussion with Nicodemus in John 3?
8. Why is Jesus’ conversation with the women at the well so surprising? Why wouldn’t his disciples have done it?
9. How did Jesus treat her? (John 4)
10. How did she change her thinking and feelings about Jesus?
11. What do the encounters of Jesus with Nicodemus and the well women teach us about Jesus?
– About how we should treat others?
– About our excuses for not doing what he wants us to do?
12. Where they qualified to become followers of Jesus? Why or why not?