Bible Study for Sunday, August 2, 2020
God’s Draft – The Wrong Loyalty
1. In the parable of the two sons, in Matthew 21:28-32, what is Jesus telling us about God?
2. What does this story teach us about loyalty?
3. What does loyalty mean to you? Define it and give some synonyms.
4. What does God have to say about loyalty in the Bible? (Consider some of the synonyms for loyalty)
5. What was special about the birth of Samson? (see Judges 13)
6. What would you say were Samson’s strengths and weaknesses?
7. How did Samson show more loyalty in is death than he did in the way he lived? Or did he?
8. What kind of person was Saul of Tarsus? What was he loyal to?
9. When Saul became a follower of Jesus, what changed besides his name? How would you describe his loyalty to Jesus?
10. While there is an element of godly pride in being loyal to Jesus, what must the foundation of loyalty be build on? What is the greatest form of loyalty?