Bible Study for Sunday, August 16, 2020
HeartSight – Playing With Fire
1. Why do you think we enjoy looking at a campfire or a fireplace fire?
2. What does the old proverb about “playing with fire” say to you? What is the underlying principle it teaches us?
3. Why do you think so many Christians have become comfortable with sin? Are we abusing grace?
4. How much should our values be transformed by God’s values?
5. Why do you think Paul picked sexual immorality, impurity, and greed to warn Christians to not have “even a hint” of connection with? (Eph.5:3)
6. In today’s culture, how do we “play with fire” when it comes to these three sins?
7. What is the connection between the three sins of verse 3 and the three actions of verse 4?
8. How serious are the consequences for Christians? Read vs.5-7
9. What is the connection with the need to beware of those who “deceive with empty words”?
10. Why is this so important to God? What does it have to do with how we value or devalue grace?