Bible Study for 7-26-20
Bible Study for Sunday, July 26, 2020
God’s Draft – The Wrong Social Status
1. Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and discuss how God “will make your paths straight”?
2. Why is serving God not a matter of our qualifications?
3. In the story of The Prodigal Son (Luke 15), what kind of pigpen did the older brother live in? It was self-made, but why?
4. How would you describe Ruth’s social status in Moab at the beginning of the story? (Chapter 1)
5. What do you think about her devotion to Naomi? (1:16-17)
6. What was their social status once they arrived in Bethlehem?
7. Why was Boaz so impressed with Ruth? How did he change her social status?
8. What made Cornelius an unusual choice to be used by God? (Acts 10)
9. What made Cornelius a good candidate for the gospel?
10. Why is the conversion of Cornelius and his family so important to God’s plan?
11. What are some ways that we blame others for our situation rather than accept responsibility for our choices?
12. What does Carl Jung’s quote say to you? “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.”