Bible Study for 3-14-21
Bible Study for Sunday, March 14, 2021
Decorating the Cross: 1 Corinthians 13:8
1. What are some cliches that you use a lot?
2. What are some of your favorite church-life cliches?
3. A cliché is an overused saying that has lost its meaning. Are there some Bible verses that have become cliches? Why?
4. In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul’s description of love includes only one thing that qualities as a “never”. Why is there only one?
5. How does “love never fails” impact the meaning of vs.1-3?
6. Is there a connection between love being patient and kind, and love never fails?
7. What does “love never fails” tell us about all of the things that love is not? (vs.4-6)
8. The biggest reason why love never fails is because of what? Who?
9. Why is love seen by many Christians as an extracurricular activity?
10. Is it possible to be a faithful “church goer” and not see the need to grow in love for one another? Why does that happen?
11. What are some things that you think have been given a higher priority than love in the church? Why?
12. Why, or why not, is it true that “The single most important and defining characteristic of a church family is love?”