Bible Study for Sunday, February 28, 2021
Decorating the Cross: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
1. The Corinthians seemed to struggle with understanding how important love was. Why do you think they struggled? Do we?
2. In 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, Paul mentions several things that are spiritual acts, but they all become meaningless without love. What impresses you the most about what he is saying?
3. What do all the negative things Paul mentions about what love isn’t have in common? Or do they?
4. If love does not envy, boast, or act proud, what are the opposites that love should be?
5. What does it mean that love does not dishonor others?
6. Is it correct to say that “love is not self-seeking” is talking about where the first four negatives came from?
7. Why is being easily angered a sign of lacking love?
8. What is wrong with keeping record of wrongs?
9. Why will love never delight in evil?
10. Since love rejoices in the truth, what does that tell us about how the world tends to think about love?
11. Why is love not just about what we do, but what we don’t do?