Bible Study for Sunday, December 13, 2020
Hi! My Name Is Jesus! Luke 8:26-39
1. Why do you think so many of us are uncomfortable talking about mental health?
2. How do we know that the Bible addresses mental health? How?
3. Do you think people can be possessed by demons today? How? When?
4. Jesus was immediately met by the demon possessed man in Luke 8. Does that show planning by him or Jesus or both?
5. What were the signs of this man being completely out of control of his life? What would we call it today?
6. Why do you think Jesus wanted to know his name?
7. What is significant about the demons doing so much begging to Jesus? Is it significant?
8. Are there any lessons we can learn from the destruction of an entire herd of pigs?
9. If the healed and sane man was sitting at the feet of Jesus, what does that say about the townspeople who asked Jesus to leave?
10. What lesson should we learn from Jesus refusing to let the healed man go with them when they left? (vs.39)