Bible Study for Sunday, November 8, 2020
Hi! My Name Is Jesus! John 2:13-22
1. Looking back through the years, what was your dream car? If you could have it right now, how would you take care of it?
2. When and where did you learn the importance of honoring and respecting something that represented God?
3. Do you have a problem with the conclusion that Jesus had two temple cleansings? Why or why not? (John 2 & Matt.21)
4. Is this a story about Jesus cleansing the temple or is it insight into who Jesus is? What is the difference?
5. Jesus had been to the temple many times before. Why did he choose to confront the abuse at this time?
6. If the selling of animals and exchanging of money in the court was permitted, why was Jesus upset with it? What was really going on?
7. What was the purpose of the temple? What was not being done, according to Jesus?
8. What does Jesus truly want us to know and do? It is something the temple was built to help with. (It is the reason why the story is shared by John).
9. What is God’s temple in the new covenant? What is our responsibility in honoring and respecting it?
10. What is the deeper warning in this event that Jesus is giving to all who seek God?