Bible Study for 1-10-21
Bible Study for Sunday, January 10, 2021
A Jesus Study: Luke 5:17-26
1. What is your favorite part of the 23rd Psalm?
2. What does it mean to you that the Shepherd prepares a table for you in the presence of your enemies?
3. How do we allow our enemies to affect what we do and what we say? How do we let others control us?
4. How did Jesus deal with those who opposed him?
5. In Luke 5:17-26, Jesus had many Pharisees and teachers of the Law present as he taught. What can we learn from how he taught, in spite of their presence?
6. What do you think it means that “the power of the Lord was present”?
7. What can we learn from the men lowering their friend through the roof to get to Jesus?
8. How did their actions impress Jesus? Who had faith?
9. What did Jesus mean by saying there was no difference between forgiving his sins or healing him? How are they alike? What does it say about Jesus?
10.Do we ever get distracted with semantics and miss the greater good? When? Why?
11. In this story there are the carriers, the carried, and the critics. Which do you most identify with? Why?