Bible Study for 8-30-20
Bible Study for Sunday, August 30, 2020
HeartSight – Radical Romance
1. What would be the perfect romantic evening for you? What does it say about your age and your relationship?
2. Radical romance is ______________________________________!
3. Why is the classic marriage passage in Ephesians 5:22-33, so difficult for most of us to identify with? Or is it?
4. What does it mean for wives to submit to their husbands as to the Lord? Remember when “obey” was in all wedding vows for wives?
5. Does it change the meaning any when you apply the four principles of a godly relationship in verses 8-21?
6. How is the husband the head of his wife like Jesus is the head of the church? Is it about authority or spiritual responsibility? Other options?
7. How can a husband love their wife the way Jesus loved the church?
8. Apply the principles of verse 8-21 and describe how a husband takes care of his wife?
9. Why does Paul mix marriage with the purpose of the church? What is the connection? What do they share?
10. Why do you think Paul ended this section with the call for wives to respect their husbands? Why not love?