Bible Study from: Sharing Laughs & Tears
Sunday, May 17, 2020
1. Has there been times in your life when you wish you could have been present to help someone through their difficult times?
2. When Jesus was told that Lazarus was sick, how do you think it affected him to wait and not go immediately? What did the apostles think about Jesus’ response? Can you imagine their discussions?
3. What did Jesus want his apostles to learn through the Lazarus experience? (See John 11:11-16)
4. Both Mary & Martha hit Jesus with the “If you had been here” comment. How do you think that made Jesus feel? How would their tone of voice in saying it change things?
5. Did Martha understand what Jesus was saying when he said, “I am the resurrection and the life”? (See vs.25-26)
6. Why did Jesus weep when he knew what was about to happen? What does this tell us about him? What does it tell us if we are going to be like him?
7. Why did Jesus pray? (See vs.41-42)
8. What do you think the “power of presence” means?
9. What is the definition of sincere love? (See Romans 12:9-15)