Bible Study from: Special Moms
Sunday, May 10, 2020
1. If you were going to do a Mother’s Day study based on a mother in the Bible, who would you pick? Why? Who would you never pick?
2. Proverbs 31 is a description of the ultimate wife and mother at that time and in that culture. How do you feel about it? Do you enjoy it or not? Why?
3. How would our culture today define “A good woman” (Messenger)? What about “A wife of noble character” (NIV)?
4. Would you say they (#3) are “hard to find”? Why?
5. “Her husband trusts her” (vs.11, MSG). How important is trust in a marriage relationship?
6. In verses 15-24, she is busy and industrious. Would you say that is a standard description for all Moms? Why?
7. How important is a Mom’s influence in setting the tone for how happy and joyous the atmosphere is in a home?
8. “A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” What does it mean to fear the Lord as a way of life?
9. Why are Moms the “exception to the rule” when it comes to equality?