Bible Study for 2-7-21
Bible Study for Sunday, February 7, 2021
A Jesus Study: Matthew 14:22-33
1. A crucible is a sever test. What has been some of the biggest crucibles in your life?
2. How do you think you would have reacted to the whole burning bush experience Moses had? What would you have done differently?
3. What do you think it looked like seeing Jesus walking on the water?
4. Why do you think Jesus decided to meet up with his apostles that way? What other options could he have chosen?
5. Does Mark 6:51-52 seem to say that Jesus was very intentional about his decision to meet his apostles by walking on the water?
6. What does the boat represent to the apostles who were in the middle of a stormy sea?
7. What did it take for Peter to step out of the boat in response to Jesus?
8. If stepping out of the boat represents a personal response to the call of Jesus, when do we do that? How do we do that?
9. What are some challenges that Jesus gave to us that require us to step out of the boat and trust him?
10. Are you in a crucible right now? What is Jesus calling on you to do about it?